Associate Professor and Merves Research Fellow
Department of Accounting, Fox School of Business, Temple University
CV (August 2018)
Google Scholar profile
Published and forthcoming articles:
- Cost Management Research (with Rajiv Banker, Shunlan Fang, and Yi Liang).
Journal of Management Accounting Research, 2018, 30(3), 187-209. SSRN
- Implications of Impairment Decisions and Assets' Cash-Flow Horizons for Conservatism Research (with Rajiv Banker and Sudipta Basu).
The Accounting Review, 2017, 92(2), 41-67. SSRN
- Conditional Conservatism and Disaggregated Bad News Indicators in Accrual Models (with Sudipta Basu).
Review of Accounting Studies, 2016, 21(3), 859-897. SSRN
- The Confounding Effect of Cost Stickiness on Conservatism Estimates (with Rajiv Banker, Sudipta Basu and Janice Chen).
Journal of Accounting and Economics, 2016, 61(1), 203-220. SSRN
- Asymmetric Cost Behavior (with Rajiv Banker).
Journal of Management Accounting Research, 2014, 26(2), 43-79. SSRN
- The Moderating Effect of Prior Sales Changes on Asymmetric Cost Behavior (with Rajiv Banker, Mustafa Ciftci and Raj Mashruwala).
Journal of Management Accounting Research, 2014, 26(2), 221-242. SSRN
- Demand Uncertainty and Cost Behavior (with Rajiv Banker and Jose Plehn-Dujowich).
The Accounting Review, 2014, 89(3), 839-865. SSRN
2015 Notable Contributions to Accounting Literature Award of the American Accounting Association (AAA) and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Employment Protection Legislation, Adjustment Costs and Cross-Country Differences in Cost Behavior (with Rajiv Banker and Tony Chen).
Journal of Accounting and Economics, 2013, 55(1), 111-127.
- The Risk-Reduction Effect of Advertising (with Ron Shachar).
Quantitative Marketing and Economics, 2004, 2(4).
Old working papers:
- Modeling the Determinants of Meet-or-Just-Beat Behavior in Distribution Discontinuity Tests (with Sudipta Basu). February 2019. SSRN
First-round R&R at Journal of Accounting and Economics; 2018 JAE Conference paper
Stata ado code for two-stage estimation (updated on 6/29/2018)
- Production Outsourcing and Demand Uncertainty (with Hilal Atasoy and Rajiv Banker). December 2016. SSRN
First-round R&R at The Accounting Review
- Operating Asymmetries and Non-Linear Spline Correction in Discretionary Accrual Models (with Rajiv Banker, Shunlan Fang, and Byunghoon Jin). February 2018. SSRN
- R&D Intensity, Ability Indicators, and Executive Compensation (with Rajiv Banker and Chunwei Xian). May 2016. SSRN
- Asymmetries in Cost-Volume-Profit Relation: Cost Stickiness and Conditional Conservatism (with Rajiv Banker and Sudipta Basu). March 2013. SSRN
- Systematic Heterogeneity versus Average Effects in the Returns to Diversification (with Bharat Anand). October 2011. pdf
- Unbundling Cable Television: an Empirical Investigation. July 2010. pdf
- Spatial Competition in Cable News: Where are Larry King and O'Reilly Located in Latent Attribute Space? (with Bharat Anand). July 2008.
VERY PRELIMINARY. pdf
- Managerial Accounting ACCT2102
- Cost Accounting ACCT2521
- Economic Theory of Choice BA9103