· Financial Reporting and Disclosure
· International Accounting
· Corporate Governance
· Debt Contracting
· Corporate Social Responsibility
Impacts of Product Market Competition on the Quantity and Quality of Voluntary
Disclosures", September 2010, Review of
Accounting Studies, Vol. 15, Iss. 3, pp. 663-711.
Winner of Best Paper Award at the 2009 Review of Accounting Studies Conference and the 2008
Transatlantic Doctoral Conference
· "Ownership Structure and
Corporate Diversification" (with Yi Zhang), 2006, Business and Politics, Vol. 8, Article 4: Iss. 1, Article 4.
· "Active Owership " (with Elroy Dimson and Oguzhan Karakas)
Solicited by Review of Financial Studies, Revise and resubmit
Winner of 2012 Moskowitz Prize for Socially Responsible Investing [Link];Recipient of 2009 French SIR Research Grant and 2008 INQUIRE Europe Research Grant
Major media citations: Financial Times;
Wall Street Journal;
Pensions & Investments;
Interview with Motley Fool
· "Mandatory IFRS Adoption, Fair Value Accounting and Accounting Information in Debt Contracts" (with Ray Ball and Lakshmanan Shivakumar)
· "Corporate Governance and Restrictions in Debt
Contracts" (with Irem Tuna and Florin Vasvari)
· "Mandatory Disclosure Reform and Executive Compensation: Is Executive Pay Higher after the Mandatory Adoption of IFRS?"(with Steve Balsam and Elizabeth Gordon)
· "Mandatory vs. Voluntary Management Forecasts in China" (with Xiaobei Huang, Senyo Tse, and Jennifer Wu Tucker)
· "Mandatory Financial Reporting and Voluntary Disclosure: Evidence from Mandatory IFRS Adoption"
(with Karthik Balakrishnan and Holly Yang)
Featured at Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation
· "Accounting Conservatism and the Cost of
Capital: International Analysis"