· Financial Reporting and Disclosure
· International Accounting
· Corporate Governance
· Debt Contracting
· Corporate Social Responsibility
"Contractibility of Financial Statement Information Prepared Under IFRS: Evidence from Debt Contracts" (with Ray Ball and Lakshmanan Shivakumar), Conditionally Accepted at Journal of Accounting Research
· "Mandatory Financial Reporting and Voluntary Disclosure: The Effect of Mandatory IFRS Adoption on Management Forecasts"
(with Holly Yang), Forthcoming at The Accounting Review [Internet Appendix]
Featured at Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation [Link]
· "Active Owership " (with Elroy Dimson and Oguzhan Karakas)
Forthcoming at Review of Financial Studies
Winner of 2012 Moskowitz Prize for Socially Responsible Investing [Link];Recipient of 2009 French SIR Research Grant and 2008 INQUIRE Europe Research Grant
Major media citations: Financial Times;
Wall Street Journal;
Pensions & Investments;
Interview with Motley Fool
· "Accounting Conservatism and the Cost of
Capital: International Analysis", 2015, Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Vol. 42 (5-6), pp. 555-582.
Impacts of Product Market Competition on the Quantity and Quality of Voluntary
Disclosures", 2010, Review of
Accounting Studies, Vol. 15 (3), pp. 663-711.
Winner of Best Paper Award at the 2009 Review of Accounting Studies Conference and the 2008
Transatlantic Doctoral Conference
· "Ownership Structure and
Corporate Diversification" (with Yi Zhang), 2006, Business and Politics, Vol. 8, Article 4: Iss. 1, Article 4.
· "The Effects of Management Earnings Forecast Mandates: Evidence from China" (with Xiaobei Huang, Senyo Tse, and Jennifer Wu Tucker), Revise and resubmit at Contemporary Accounting Research
· "A Review of IFRS Adoption Literature”(with Emmanuel De George and Lakshmanan Shivakumar)
· "Corporate Governance and Restrictions in Debt
Contracts" (with Irem Tuna and Florin Vasvari)
· "Mandatory Disclosure Reform, Monitoring and Executive Compensation" (with Steve Balsam and Elizabeth Gordon)
· "The Real Effect of Financial Reporting: International Evidence" (with Fariborz Moshirian, Xuan Tian, and Bohui Zhang)