· Financial Reporting and Disclosure
· International Accounting
· Corporate Governance
· Debt Contracting
· Corporate Social Responsibility
"Contractibility and Transparency of Financial Statement Information Prepared under IFRS: Evidence from Debt Contracts around IFRS Adoption" (with Ray Ball and Lakshmanan Shivakumar), 2015, Journal of Accounting Research, Vol. 53 (5), pp. 961-953. [Internet Appendix]
· "Mandatory Financial Reporting and Voluntary Disclosure: The Effect of Mandatory IFRS Adoption on Management Forecasts"
(with Holly Yang), Forthcoming at The Accounting Review [Internet Appendix]
- Featured at Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation [Link]
· "Active Owership " (with Elroy Dimson and Oguzhan Karakas), 2015, Review of Financial Studies, Vol. 28 (12), pp. 3225-3268. (Editor’s Choice)
- Winner of 2012 Moskowitz Prize for Socially Responsible Investing [Link]; Recipient of 2009 French SIR Research Grant and 2008 INQUIRE Europe Research Grant
- Major media citations: Harvard Law School Forum ; Financial Times;
Wall Street Journal;
Pensions & Investments;
Interview with Motley Fool
· "Accounting Conservatism and the Cost of
Capital: International Analysis", 2015, Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Vol. 42 (5-6), pp. 555-582.
Impacts of Product Market Competition on the Quantity and Quality of Voluntary
Disclosures", 2010, Review of
Accounting Studies, Vol. 15 (3), pp. 663-711.
- Winner of Best Paper Award at the 2009 Review of Accounting Studies Conference and the 2008
Transatlantic Doctoral Conference